Pennsylvania Gateway to Green is an online hub for educators (formal, non-formal, and informal) who serve learners in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is designed for Pennsylvania educators to easily access environmental education (EE) resources from government agencies, non-profits, and other partners to improve environmental literacy (ELIT) of citizens across the commonwealth.
Parents may also find the information, resources, and links helpful for their children’s enrichment and to find places and ways to enjoy learning outdoors.
Pages across this website provide resources and help visitors access resources at different state and federal agencies and non-formal and other environmental education organizations. This website is your starting place instead of having to search each individual agency or organization website!
On this website you will find:
- Links spread throughout the pages to agencies and organizations who provide environmental education resources.
- Information about what ELIT and EE means in Pennsylvania and resources for creating ELIT plans.
- How to identify and reach environmental justice communities.
- Highlights of issues and education resources about Pennsylvania watersheds and agriculture.
- Programs and resources about green careers in environmental-based science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Website Creation and Support
The creation of this Pennsylvania Gateway to Green website was made possible through funding support from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and United States Environmental Protection Agency under an assistance agreement to The Chesapeake Bay Trust.
Content has been created by the Pennsylvania Department of Education Environment and Ecology Content Advisor, Stroud™ Water Research Center, and the Pennsylvania Environmental Literacy/Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience Capacity Building Task Force.
EPA funding disclaimer: This project has been funded wholly or in part by the United States Environmental Protection Agency under assistance agreement CB96341401 to The Chesapeake Bay Trust. The contents of this document do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Environmental Protection Agency, nor does the Environmental Protection Agency endorse trade names or recommend the use of commercial products mentioned in this document.